Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Deliciousness and Snow Day Shenanigans

     So for Valentine's Day this year, in keeping with my New Year's resolution, I decided to recreate Jim's favorite meal from Cheesecake Factory(our favorite restaurant ever!): Steak Diane with roasted asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. It was a total success! I wouldn't be so motivated to cook every night, but for all the wonderful feedback from loved ones, but ESPECIALLY my husband:) I love you James! 
     
     I also loved doing it because it was the first time ever that I got to set our food on fire, en flambe style.. He surprised me with a long desired set of cookware that I've been coveting for years, and some beautiful red roses.. It was a great day:)
     The kids were feeling especially photogenic today, so here are some of those pictures: 
  
  

     There is still A LOT of snow and ice on the ground and in the streets from our back to back blizzards, and 32inches of snow.. It's a giant weather shock for this California girl, and I can't wait for the spring! I'm very much looking forward to being able to play outside again, and we signed Jackson up for soccer in April.. He is extremely excited and tells everyone and anyone that "I'm three so I can play soccer, but not Cambria, she's too little!" This is especially adorable since Cambria outweighs him by almost a full pound now:) I love them the most..

4 comments:

  1. So Cute!!
    Jackson is starting to look like a little man! E is doing that too.. I'll have to email you some pictures soon!

    Your stake dianne looks delicious--> we don't have any snow in Idaho, if you'd like an escape I'll give you free room & board to cook like that for me each night!

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsie, you are a wonderful cook. Keep up the good practicing so you can show off more on our next visit!! I think you will enjoy spring this year in a way you never have before!! Living where there is actually weather, I love the seasons and seeing life come back in Spring is just amazing!!! I can't wait to see Jackson in action on the soccer field. I wonder if he will have his daddy's ability to draw cards.... he was such a good 'actor' with all his flips and rolls :) You'll have to take plenty of video.

    Those are some beautiful babies!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the babies so much! I love that they are camera hams...just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new header chelsie! The babies love each other so much!

    ReplyDelete